is seeking passionate and experienced Animation Programmer to join us in our quest to create revolutionary online gaming experiences. Bring your strength to our cause, inspire awe in those around you, collaborate with like-minded team members and make great games! This individual will continually contribute to the game and to the success of the development team. We are looking for someone with passion for solving difficult technical problems and working with teammates to bring these solutions to life.
With multiple gaming awards, this multi-award winning business employs about 100 people and is taking the gaming world by storm. With 3 Million players and growing since launch, this is a fantastic opportunity to take the art team to the next level by growing
- Extensive C++ knowledge.
- 5+ years of game development experience.
- An excellent grasp of software engineering principles and a dedication to high-quality, high-performance code.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities. Driven and self-motivated; able to work with minimal direct supervision.
- A desire to work closely and collaboratively with team members in other disciplines.
- An expert understanding of low-level animation systems
- Strong grasp of 3D math, real-time character animation techniques, and animation compression algorithms.
- Strong familiarity with modern animation tools and pipelines
- Experience working on persistent online worlds
- Experience with procedural animation and phyiscs
- Experience writing highly efficient and scalable multi-threaded code
- Experience profiling and optimizing code
- Knowledge of facial animation techniques, and animation serialization methods.
- Passionate about real-time in-game cinematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
In order to complete your application for the Graphics Programmer position at Uforia, please send C++ code samples along with your application. If your code samples are not online, you may send samples to Careers@Uforia.com.
Here is what we are looking for in your code samples:
- Your best work
- Demonstrated breadth of programming skills
- Ability to write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Ability to design clear abstractions and clean interfaces
- Appropriate selection of data structures or algorithms
What we are not looking for:
- Code any of your previous employers have prevented you from sending us
- Solutions to simple problems (such as counting the number of zero bits in an integer)
- Straightforward implementations of published algorithms (such as A*)
- Wrappers for existing libraries
- Basic math libraries such as matrix and vector implementations
- Code you wrote years ago that does not reflect your current abilities. We want to see examples of your current skill
This is your chance to impress our engineering department and show us why we should hire you. So, send us a sample of your very best work, something you’re proud of. If you don’t have anything on hand that meets the above criteria, write some code that does.
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, a competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes Uforia a great place to work. Submit your resume online along with code samples and a cover letter that details why you think you are a great fit for Uforia.